Rosacea is an autoimmune disease that is caused by a common microorganism called streptococcus pyogenes. This is the bacteria that are also responsible for other problems like strep throat, rheumatic fever among others. Rosacea is commonly noted due to its obvious locations. On the face! However, other anatomical locations of the signs of Rosacea are common.
Why is it commonly noticed on the face?
A good question. The inflammatory autoimmune disease manifests itself as an inflammatory vasculities throughout the body but certain environmental influences like sunlight makes it worse on exposed parts of the body like the face.
Treatment for Rosacea.
Rosacea patients form a subset of the population with sensitivity in selection of skin care product and food. Ingredients that typically cause little difficulty in an average patient may cause serious complications on a rosacea patient. For this reasons, the development of the methodology for the treating rosacea mainly revolves around diet and other skin care remedies. The following measures are effective in the treatment of this condition.
Rosacea is a condition that can be managed by simple lifestyle measure as follows;
- Avoid too much exposure to the sun. The sun has harmful rays i.e. the ultra violet rays that worsen the condition.
- Use sunscreen mechanisms to prevent the harmful rays from the sun from causing further harm.
- Avoid too intense rubbing of the skin. Gentle rubbing if necessary is recommended.
- Wash the affected areas with approved gentle cleansers.
- Avoid the use of make-ups and cosmetics that contain alcohol and irritants.
- If you normally use moisturizers or any topical medication, it is advisable to use the moisturizer after the medication has dried.
- Use nocomedogenic products. These products will not cause clogging of both the oil and sweat glands.
- Avoid stimulants like tea and coffee.
Diet is another area that should be watched and adjusted in treating rosacea. Generally, alkaline foodstuffs are recommended. The list below comprises of the most ideal food that brings positive results in getting rid of this condition.
Low sugar fruits,
Alkaline food is strongly advocated for so as to carry out neutralization of the acid in the body that is caused by several factors like.
Exercises ,walking and daily routine tasks
Such practices cause build up of lactic acid in the body and alkaline food will help to turn the acid into harmless product by neutralization.
Consumption of acidic food.
Rosacea patients may unknowingly eat food that contain acids
Why you should avoid acidic food.
Rosacea is actually a vascular problem and if a victim consumes acidic food, dilation of the blood vessels will occur which promotes rosacea.
Rosacea can also be a approached medically. Since it is a bacterial complication, some types of antibiotics respond to it. Apart from reducing the inflammations, antibiotics may help in killing the bacteria that causes rosacea. The best types of antibiotics to use are;
- Tetracyclines e.g. oxytetracycline, dioxy cycline and tetracycline.
It is advisable to consult a qualified physician before using medication, because they may not be compatible to other health conditions that a rosacea victim may be suffering from.