Hormonal acne is a widespread problem affecting individuals of all age groups and gender. This problem usually results from hormonal imbalance. As a matter of fact, the most conspicuous cause of acne is considered to be hormonal imbalance. The cause of this condition is seldom purely dermal. Teenagers and women are more prone to acne. The most difficult thing is, however, how to cure hormonal acne as its treatments are not easy to find. Even though there is a variation in the treatment of acne for varieties of people, the use of a combined treatment is critical in getting rid of acne.
Hormonal Acne Treatment Options
They have been proven quite effective in hormonal acne treatment. Various items in the home are employed in the treatment of acne. Below are some tips on how to treat hormonal acne.
- Mix plain cold water and lemon juice or rose water. Apply for 20 minutes and rinse. If the burning sensation is extreme or in case of elevated redness, rinse immediately.
- Rub ice gently on the acne. This restricts the flow of blood in acne and reduces inflammation and redness. This is critical in preventing acne.
- Smear garlic on the acne. This can be left overnight if it doesn’t precipitate excessive discomfort and burning.
- Your morning spit can be critical in helping you have a clear skin. Before brushing, smear a small amount of saliva on the acne, leave it for around fifteen minutes and wash it off. Saliva has many enzymes that are critical in eliminating infections. This remedy is one of the easiest and most effective cures even though many people may be amazed about this suggestion. Toothpaste is also critical in treating acne.
- Leaves of crushed neem are also used in curing hormonal acne. It’s a simple and effective cure.
- Cinnamon and honey can also be employed in the treatment of hormonal acne cure. It’s a worthwhile hormonal acne treatment.
- Rose water and sandalwood face mask can also be used.
- Rub papaya pulp on the face. Give it about 45 minutes and then rinse.
Face Washes and Topical Creams
Washing the face is beneficial for people with acne because extra oil or sebum on the face can precipitate breakout. Some face washes and use of different skin care products can help get rid of acne. For example, face washes containing Alpha Hydroxyl acids, aloe Vera and tea tree oil. Antiseptic and antibacterial topical creams are also critical in the cure. Many dermatologists prefer creams with vitamin A or benzoyl peroxide. Steroidal creams are preferred in advanced cases of this condition.
Medicines and drugs
Drugs are used only as the last resort when other options fail. Birth control pills are common in adult treatments. Overuse has many side effects. Should not be used six months prior to conception since the pill counter the body’s androgen level.
A good diet of leafy vegetables, rich in antioxidants, is critical in fighting and preventing acne. Fruits with vitamin C and salads can also help.