- How Should I Treat My Back Acne?
- 10 Best Products for Back Acne
- 1.) African Black Soap
- 2.) ExfoliMATE Magic Shower Cloth
- 3.) Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash
- 4.) Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, Pink Grapefruit
- 5.) Aquis Exfoliating Back Scrubber
- 6.) Alba Botanica Acnedote, Face & Body Scrub
- 7.) Pelican For Back Medicated Soap
- 8.) Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
- 9.) All-Natural Coconut Milk Body Scrub by Essentially KateS
- 10.) Neutrogena Body Clear Body Spray
- In Conclusion:
Back acne, colloquially known as “bacne,” is a particularly frustrating skin condition. Many individuals struggle to get rid of body acne, as the back, shoulders, and chest can be more challenging to treat than the face. These areas are often difficult to reach. Additionally, most acne products are developed primarily for the treatment of facial acne.
Though acne on the back may be bothersome, there are many solutions for reducing flare-ups on the back and body. Try one of the following top-rated bacne products to improve your back acne once and for all.
How Should I Treat My Back Acne?
Back and body acne are similar, though not identical to, facial acne. Back acne, like facial acne, forms as a result of pores becoming clogged with oils and dead skin. Unlike facial pores, however, the pores on the back are quite large. The size of these pores makes them much more likely to become clogged, resulting in frustrating back acne breakouts.
There are a variety of treatment options available for those suffering from regular back and body acne. These treatments generally involve exfoliation, the use of special soaps or body washes, and sometimes the application of a topical treatment or cream. The treatment you choose should be based on what is comfortable and effective for you. If your back acne is particularly stubborn, you may want to combine products, purchasing an exfoliating washcloth or scrub in addition to a salicylic body wash or natural soap.
When in doubt, read reviews of each product you are considering. By weighing the pros and cons of each product and considering the insights offered by other back acne sufferers, you can find the right acne-fighting product for you.
10 Best Products for Back Acne
African Black Soap is a soft, oily soap bar manufactured in Ghana. Filled with palm oil, coconut oil, shea butter and other soothing ingredients, this “miracle soap” has left hundreds of users raving about clearer, softer skin. In addition to reducing facial acne, the soap works wonders on back and body acne. Some users even noticed old acne scars fading as a result of using the soap.
In addition to reducing back acne, the soap effectively treats a number of other skin conditions, including eczena, dermatitis, and psoriasis. The soap contains only natural ingredients and no additional fragrances or chemicals, making it a great choice for individuals with sensitive skin or allergies. With a 30-day money-back guarantee, there’s no risk in purchasing African Black Soap. Your bacne won’t stand a chance against this soft, soothing soap treatment.
- The African Black Soap is vegan and made from all-natural, fair-trade ingredients, including soothing shea butter, cocoa pod, coconut oil, and palm oil.
- Reviews state that the soap forms a beautiful lather, making it particularly pleasant to use.
- The soap has an earthy smell that might not appeal to some customers.
- A small percentage of customers suffered from dried-out skin, burning sensations, or increased acne.
The ExfoliMATE Magic Shower Cloth truly lives up to its name. This long, lightweight, textured washcloth is perfect for exfoliating hard-to-reach spots, including the back, shoulders and buttocks. Despite its effective exfoliating texture, the ExfoliMATE is also gentle on the skin, reducing bacne without causing additional redness or flare-ups. Additionally, the washcloth’s design is highly effective for lathering soaps and body washes, making it a great tool to pair with other acne-fighting products. After using this exfoliating washcloth, your pores will be clear and open, allowing other acne creams and products to work more effectively. The towel also dries out quickly and easily, preventing the mold and mildew that sometimes develops with stone loofahs. Both effective and affordable, the ExfoliMATE Magic Shower Cloth is a great body acne treatment tool.
- All reviews mentioning back or body acne extolled the positive results of using the ExfoliMATE, claiming that it reduced breakouts all over the body.
- At $xx.xx or less (Click Here for Current Price & More Details), this product is among the most affordable body acne solutions.
- Some users may not enjoy the scratchy sensation of using the ExfoliMATE.
- One or two users found the cloth to be too thin or long, making it difficult to use.
Humane’s Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash is a powerful and effective acne treatment. Users who have unsuccessfully tried other back acne treatments should therefore try this body wash. Formulated with 10% benzoyl peroxide, this is one of the strongest topical acne treatments available without a prescription. The formulation excludes fragrances and other harmful chemicals like parabens, propylene glycol, and sodium lauryl sulfate, making this product less likely to irritate your skin. Users rave that the Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash has finally gotten rid of their back and facial acne where other products failed. By using Humane’s Acne Wash coupled with a gentle, oil-free moisturizer, you can achieve clear skin in just weeks.
- In addition to fighting body acne of all varieties, the Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash is highly effective at combating facial acne, making it the perfect 2-in-1 treatment for individuals who suffer from both facial and body acne.
- Humane’s formulation excludes many harsh and harmful chemicals that are present in other acne products.
- This acne product is strong and is not suitable for highly-sensitive skin. For some individuals it may cause increased redness or breakouts.
- Though the Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash contains only safe ingredients, some describe it as having a chemically scent.
Individuals familiar with drugstore acne treatment products will probably be familiar with Neutrogena’s line of facial cleansing products. Though many have seen or used these treatments, most remain unfamiliar with Neutrogena’s Body Clear Body Wash, a salicylic acid formulation developed to specifically target acne on the chest, back, and buttocks. Users who had success using Neutrogena’s Body Wash noted that the product got rid of back acne within days. Most reported that their skin stayed clear for weeks to follow. With a sweet, pleasant scent and a refreshing, exfoliating texture, Neutrogena’s Body Clear Body Wash is a practical treatment option for bacne sufferers.
- The body wash’s fresh, clean pink grapefruit scent is more pleasant than most acne treatments’ scents.
- At roughly $x.xx a bottle (Click Here for Current Price & More Details), this is one of the most affordable body-acne-specific cleansing products.
- A small percentage of customers experienced no noticeable results using this product.
The Aquis Exfoliating Back Scrubber is one of the most frequently-reviewed back exfoliation products online. This long, linen back scrubber comes with a cord handle at each end, making it easy to rub across the back and shoulder blades. The product comes with two differently-textured sides, making it doubly effective. One side has a loofah-like texture, allowing for powerful scrubbing and exfoliation. The other side has a smooth microfiber texture, making it ideal for sensitive skin or areas with painful pimples. Almost all users with back acne claimed that the Aquis Exfoliating Back Scrubber successfully reduced their breakouts. Individuals who suffer from oily backs and dead skin buildup will likely benefit from using the Aquis Exfoliating Back Scrubber.
- This textured exfoliation tool cleanses the back and feels great to use.
- At only $x.xx (Click Here for Current Price & More Details), the Aquis Exfoliating Back Scrubber is a top-rated exfoliation tool at a highly affordable price.
- Some users received knock-off products from an Amazon vendor. Users should be sure to check whether their product has an “Aquis” label on their back scrubber. A blank label may indicate that the product is a fake.
- The product should be carefully dried out to prevent mold or mildew from developing.
Alba Botanica’s “Acnedote” Face & Body Scrub is a versatile and effective acne treatment for those suffering from body and facial acne. With a pleasant foam texture and ground walnut shell for powerful exfoliation, this scrub is great at dissolving bacne as well as breakouts on other parts of the body. With natural ingredients and a formulation that includes no parabens, sulfates, or dyes, this product is great for those seeking an all-natural solution to acne on their back.
- This scrub is suitable for both the face and body, making it a good treatment option for individuals suffering from acne of both varieties.
- Alba Botanica’s Acnedote is vegetarian and not tested on animals, making it an excellent option for those seeking a cruelty-free body scrub.
- Those with sensitive skin should test the product on a small patch of skin before using it on their face or body. Some individuals experience an adverse reaction to the product, including redness and a burning sensation.
The Pelican For Back Medicated Soap is a unique back acne treatment unlike any other. Developed in Japan, this black soap is made from a special blend of coal mud. The soap cleanses the skin right down to the pore, wiping away oils and dead skin buildup. Users also enjoy the earthy, natural scent of the coal mud formulation. If you’re looking for an interesting, all-natural bacne treatment, try the Pelican For Back Medicated Soap.
- The unique formulation of the Pelican For Back Medicated Soap naturally kills bacteria on the skin, making back acne less likely to develop.
- This soap doesn’t dehydrate the skin like many other acne-fighting products.
- A small number of users felt that the product didn’t resolve their bacne.
The Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is a small, one-ounce spot treatment for body and facial acne. Users with non-cystic back acne rave that this product helps bring impurities to the surface of the skin in just hours, helping clear up bacne more rapidly than most products. This salicylic acid lotion is particularly good at treating inflamed “problem pimples,” preventing red acne breakouts from lingering for weeks. To combat particularly pesky back acne breakouts, buy Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion.
- The Drying Lotion is a particularly good solution for those suffering from the occasional large, inflamed back acne pimple.
- The formulation is ideal for those suffering from particularly oily or sensitive skin.
- Most users state that the product is not effective in combating cystic acne.
- At $xx.xx (Click Here for Current Price & More Details) for a one-ounce bottle, the lotion is relatively expensive.
The Essentially KateS All-Natural Coconut Milk Body Scrub is a deliciously soothing exfoliating scrub. Packed with coconut milk, essential oils, sea salt, and vitamin E, this scrub is all-natural and smells like sweet coconuts. Users with back and chest acne raved that it helped resolve their breakouts and made their skin baby-soft. Those with other skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema may also benefit from using this gentle scrub. If you’re looking for a great-smelling and natural scrub to combat your bacne, try the All-Natural Coconut Milk Body Scrub by Essentially KateS.
- The ingredients in this All-Natural Coconut Milk Body Scrub make it especially good at leaving the skin not just clean, but soft and smooth.
- The product has never received less than a 3-star review.
- The product’s packaging is less than ideal and may leak. Users who experienced leaking and contacted the company, however, received a refund.
Neutrogena’s Body Clear Body Spray is a unique body acne treatment. Unlike other body scrubs and washes, this salicylic acid solution can be squirted directly onto acne on the back. Instead of the hassle of using exfoliating washcloths and scrubs, this formula can be applied to the back quickly at any time of day. Though most users would probably benefit from occasional exfoliation, too, some users claim that this product single-handedly resolved their body acne. For those seeking a simple, fast solution to bacne, Neutrogena’s Body Clear Body Spray is certainly worth trying.
- The Neutrogena Body Clear Body Spray is one of the easiest bacne products to apply. The squirt bottle even works when held upside-down.
- Users rave that this product resolved their back acne when dozens of other products and prescriptions failed them.
- At $xx.xx (Click Here for Current Price & More Details), this Neutrogena product is surprisingly expensive.
- As with most body acne solutions, this acne-fighting product does not work for all users.
Though back acne can be unsightly and uncomfortable, it doesn’t have to affect your skin forever. By choosing a high-quality exfoliating scrub, body wash, soap, or washcloth, you can get rid of your bacne, leading to clearer skin. Buy one of these top-rated body acne solutions today for clearer pores and a smoother back tomorrow.