Hyaluronic acid has become a popular buzzword in the beauty industry today. It’s featured in lots of anti-aging skin products available on the market. While hyaluronic acid is most potent in a serum form, it’s an easy edition to any skin care routine and delivers both immediate and long-term results when used daily. Although most skin types can benefit from incorporating hyaluronic acid, it specifically offers the best solutions to all aging skin concerns. Finding the best hyaluronic acid serum to buy for a decent price isn’t hard at all!
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid, often referred to simply as HA, is a powerful humectant that works by locking in and securing skin’s moisture levels and strengthening collagen. When applied topically, hyaluronic acid helps create a protective barrier from dirt, outside pollutants, and UVB rays. Our bodies naturally produce hyaluronic acid when we’re young and as we age, our levels of hyaluronic acid are depleted and that’s why wrinkles form due to dryness and loss of elasticity.
Who should use a hyaluronic acid serum?
You can use a hyaluronic acid serum even if you aren’t showing noticeable signs of aging. Implementing a hyaluronic acid serum will help preserve moisture so skin will be defended against future damage. Using a hyaluronic acid serum will not only benefit someone with aging, dry, flaky, or dull skin, but it also helps balance oil production in people with oily skin types which can also help fight acne breakouts.
Do hyaluronic acid serums really work?
When used consistently, hyaluronic acid serums are extremely effective in increasing and maintaining moisture levels in the skin, which in turn helps plump, firm, and protect aging skin. A good hyaluronic acid serum will not only repair but also help prevent further damage. Because the hyaluronic acid molecule is so large, it doesn’t penetrate deep into the skin, but rather it works efficiently on surface skin layers by creating a hydration shield.
Why use a serum?
Serums are typically formulated to feel lighter than a cream moisturizer and are quicker to be absorbed in the skin. Serums also contain more active ingredients and higher concentrations of the important substances. Most common anti-aging serums will additionally contain antioxidants, peptides, and skin brighteners.
What are the side effects of using a hyaluronic acid serum?
If the serum comes from a reliable source, you shouldn’t have to worry about experiencing any adverse reactions or side effects. Hyaluronic acid serums are safe to use and have been tried and tested extensively by dermatologists. The only possible side effects may include an allergic reaction or mild, temporary redness in those with very sensitive skin. Hyaluronic acid typically feels like a very lightweight oil and is very mild and soothing. Most hyaluronic acid serums absorb fast so that skin feels instantly comforted.
What should I look for in a hyaluronic acid serum?
It’s best to stay as natural as possible and avoid serums that contain lots of parabens, sulfates, or other synthetic fillers. Always check to see the percentage of how much hyaluronic acid is in a serum. Many hyaluronic acid serums will often be paired with Vitamin C, which is another great ingredient with proven results in brightening dark spots and eliminating scars. Most serums normally come in a pump bottle or in a dropper format.
Top 10 Hyaluronic Acid Serums on the Market
The following serums were selected by best customer reviews online and by price. All of the serums listed are natural, organic, use no harsh additives, parabens or sulfates, are made in the USA, and were not tested on animals. Many of these serums feature additional ingredients that help enforce hydration and supple skin.
1) Body Merry Hyaluronic Dew Serum with Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C and Green Tea. All natural, vegan, and full of antioxidants, this serum will provide a shine-free healthy glow. Quick to absorb, it doesn’t clog pores and skin feels instantly smoother.
2) OZ Naturals Hyaluronic Acid + Vtamin C serum. Organic, cruelty-free, clinical grade formula brightens with Vitamin C and continuously fights against wrinkles. Even those with eczema or acne prone skin can use this.
3) InstaNatural Premium Hydration Hyaluronic Acid Serum. With no harsh chemical additives, this non-sticky serum dramatically improves hydration while also fighting against hyperpigmentation and dark circles under eyes. Also contains jojoba oil which helps deeply moisturize.
4) Cosmedica Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum. With no dyes or fragrances, this natural formula is gentle enough for those with sensitive skin and helps significantly plump the skin while diminishing wrinkles. Great for use on face, neck, and décolleté.
5) Petunia Skincare Professional Hyaluronic Acid Serum. This organic formula helps repair and prevent from moisture loss while tightening and evening skin tone with Vitamin C and Ferulic acid, a powerful antioxidant that strengthens other antioxidants.
6) ViolàVe 100% Pure Low & High Molecular Hyaluronic Acid Serum. With different molecular weights, this product penetrates deeper than traditional hyaluronic acid serums for intense hydration without leaving any residue behind. Also great for treating any skin discolorations.
7) Azure Naturals Ultimate Hyaluronic Anti Aging Serum. This serum is 98% natural, 72% organic and uses Vitamins C and E to rejuvenate aging skin and improve skin texture. Reports claim this serum feels more like a gel than a liquid.
8) Yeouth Hyaluronic Acid Plus with Vitamin C & Tripeptide-31. The tripeptide-31 formula mimics a retinoic acid and helps repair damage caused by the sun, rebuild collagen, and effectively reduces the appearance of pores and age spots. Also helps treat scars and melasma.
9) Forlan Hyaluronic Acid with Vitamin C. This serum uses Vitamins A, C, D, and E, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel and Lavender Oil to help tighten, firm and tone skin. Also great for helping treat scarring left behind from acne.
10) Morea Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Age-Delaying Serum with Vitamin C + Green Tea. This product contains 100% hyaluronic acid and is 72% organic. The additional antioxidants will help instantly brighten and nourish skin.
Whether it’s to fight aging, restore moisture, or prevent hydration loss, a hyaluronic acid serum is great for anyone who wants to take care of their skin and have a lasting youthful complexion. And with such great results for under $50, you don’t have to break the bank in order to incorporate a hyaluronic acid serum into your skin care routine.