- What Does a Facial Cleansing Brush Do?
- How to Pick the Best Facial Cleansing Brush
- The Top 10 Best Facial Cleansing Brushes
- 1.) Soniclear Elite Deluxe Antimicrobial Cleansing Brush System
- 2.) Acrylic Facial Cleansing Brushes, Set of 3
- 3.) Clarisonic Mia 1 Facial Sonic Cleansing System Brush
- 4.) Lilian Fache Spa-X Advanced Waterproof Facial and Body Cleansing Kit
- 5.) Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
- 6.) Philips PureRadiance Skin Cleansing System
- 7.) Silicone Sonic Facial Cleansing Power Brush
- 8.) Olay ProX Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System
- 9.) PIXNOR P2016 Facial Brush 7 in 1 Facial Massager Face Brush
- 10.) Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System
- In Conclusion:
In the past, most people washed their faces with soap, water, and perhaps a washcloth. Today, the facial cleansing process is easier yet involves more complex tools. Many adults have switched over to the use of facial cleansing brushes for washing their faces. Though some of the best facial cleansing brushes can be used manually, most are electric. These rotating, bristly cleansers are great at exfoliating the skin and removing makeup, dirt, and oil from the face.
There are hundreds of facial cleansing devices on the market today, varying widely in price and functionality. We’ve researched dozens of products to discover the best and most effective facial cleansing brushes.
Are you looking to purchase a facial cleansing brush but are unsure where to start? Discover the top 10 best facial cleansing devices below!
What Does a Facial Cleansing Brush Do?
Do facial cleansing brushes really work? The answer is a resounding “yes!” Facial cleansing brushes are a powerful and effective alternative to traditional face-washing tools and techniques. Traditionally, facial cleansing brushes had a round, bristly brush head and a wooden or plastic handle. Users would rub these brushes on the face in circular motions, lathering soap on the skin and exfoliating the epidermal layer of the skin.
The Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Brush, which debuted in 2004, popularized the electric facial brush. Despite a relatively high price, Clarisonic users raved about the product, which remains one of the most popular brushes today.
Electric facial cleansing brushes are generally battery-operated or rechargeable. The brush head generally moves in a circular or side-to-side motion, lathering up soap or facial cleanser while exfoliating the skin. The density of the bristles coupled with the rapid and repetitive motions of the brush heads make the devices more effective than traditional hand-washing techniques.
Though most facial cleansing brushes come with a bristle head, some include other interchangeable brush heads as well. Some heads massage the skin; others use pumice stones for body exfoliation or foam heads for more gentle cleansing of the skin. The repetitive motions and constant pressure levels of facial cleansing brushes make them particularly good at exfoliating dead skin cells.
In short, facial cleansing brushes are a powerful, modern tool for washing and exfoliating the face.
How to Pick the Best Facial Cleansing Brush
The selection of facial brushes on the market can easily become overwhelming. Each brush comes with its own unique rotation speeds and settings. Prices vary widely from product to product, as do the brush heads that come with each device.
Be sure to consider the following points before you buy a facial cleansing brush.
Skin Type and Sensitivity
Though facial cleansing brushes are great for most individuals, it is important to note that not all devices and brush heads are equally suitable for all individuals. A brush that cleanses oily skin may be too aggressive for individuals with dry skin. Adults with sensitive skin should be particularly careful when selecting a facial cleansing brush. Excessively firm bristles or stones may irritate the skin, causing redness or breakouts. Alternatively, some users may seek a more powerful brush that mimics the cleansing offered by professional dermabrasion or microdermabrasion sessions. Whatever it is that you seek from your brush, be sure to consider your skin type and its sensitivity before making a purchase.
Most facial cleansing brushes come with a standard brush head covered with synthetic bristles. Some of these bristle brushes are firmer and some are softer, much like toothbrushes. It is important to read reviews of brushes to discern whether or not a particular brush’s heads will be compatible with your skincare needs.
Devices with additional brush heads may also include foam sponge, pumice, and massaging heads. Each of these heads has its own unique benefits. If your skin is difficult to manage, opting for a device with interchangeable brush heads may be a good choice for you. You can then experiment with different head materials until you find the best facial brush head for you.
Price and Quality
In the past, facial cleansing brushes almost always came with a price tag of $100 or more. Today, electric brushes can be purchased for as little as $20. Though many of these budget brushes are highly effective, the quality of the device should also come into consideration. More expensive brushes often have a wider variety of settings and brush heads. Many also come with warranty guarantees which are generally not offered by lower-priced brands. Ultimately, you should choose a brush that has the features you need at a price you can afford.
Accompanying Soap or Cleanser
Before you purchase a facial brush, you should consider the cleanser or soap that you will use with the device. A liquid cleanser or facial scrub is ideal for using with a facial cleansing brush. Solid soap bars are less effective for use with a brush. Read reviews to discover which cleansers are best for your skin type.
The Top 10 Best Facial Cleansing Brushes
1.) Soniclear Elite Deluxe Antimicrobial Cleansing Brush System
The Soniclear Elite Cleansing Brush System is costly but well worth its price. This sonic cleansing brush is virtually identical to the trendsetting brush produced by Clarisonic. Though slightly more expensive than the Clarisonic device, the Soniclear Cleansing System comes with numerous additional accessories. The best features of this set are the body brush, pedicure head, and extension arm. When equipped with the extension arm and body brush, the Soniclear can be used on the rest of the body in addition to the face.
To clear up acne, reduce fine lines, and exfoliate your body and face like never before, buy Soniclear’s Elite Cleansing Brush System.
- With a five year warranty customers can rest assured that their device will stand the test of time.
- Multiple accessories broaden the ways in which the Soniclear can be used.
- Customers claim that the brush is just as good or better than the iconic Clarisonic brush.
- At over
$175(Click Here for Current Price & More Details), the brush is by far the most expensive device on our list.
- The Soniclear comes with only three brush heads, which is less than the number of heads offered by some of the more affordable brands.
2.) Acrylic Facial Cleansing Brushes, Set of 3
If you’re looking for a simple, manual facial cleansing brush, this set of three acrylic brushes will more than meet your needs! Users rave that these brushes are baby-soft and are safe for individuals with sensitive skin. Despite their gentleness, customers say that these brushes are almost as effective as microdermabrasion. The brushes are excellent for reducing acne, blackheads, and visible pores.
To clean your skin effectively and affordably, choose this set of acrylic facial cleansing brushes.
- Three manual cleansing brushes are available for the price of one electric brush.
- Manual use allows customers to rotate the brushes as they choose and rub as firmly or as gently as they desire.
- Instead of being thrown away, old brushes can easily be recycled or used for household cleaning.
- Manual brushing is more time-consuming and takes more effort than electric cleansing.
- No interchangeable brush heads are available for these brushes.
- The brush bristles may be too soft for some individuals.
3.) Clarisonic Mia 1 Facial Sonic Cleansing System Brush
Clarisonic is the brand that started it all. The Clarisonic Mia remains one of the best facial cleansing brushes ever manufactured. In addition to white and grey, this hand-held cleansing system is also offered in pink. The basic system comes with one sensitive brush head, making it ideal for customers with irritable skin. The system promises to clean the face thoroughly in just 60 seconds per day and customers rave that the device does just that.
If you’re looking for the most beautiful, trusted electric facial cleansing brush, the Clarisonic Mia is just what you need.
- The Clarisonic brush guarantees deep cleansing in just one minute.
- The brush effectively exfoliates the epidermis without irritating sensitive skin.
- The Clarisonic Mia comes with a sample-size gel cleanser and a charger.
- Additional Clarisonic brush heads are quite expensive, costing over $25 apiece.
- It can be challenging to find a trustworthy Clarisonic retailer. Customers who have ordered the product online have often received counterfeits.
4.) Lilian Fache Spa-X Advanced Waterproof Facial and Body Cleansing Kit
The Lilian Fache Spa-X Facial Cleansing Kit is a diverse and practical facial cleansing brush set. Equipped with a small facial brush, a larger body brush, a pumice stone, and a facial sponge, this set is a multi-purpose bargain at a price of under $30. Though the device is less aggressive than the Clarisonic brush, customers claim that it’s helped clear up their acne and increased the collagen production of their skin. The assortment of brush heads make the device highly practical for use on the face, neck, and other parts of the body.
In short, Lilian Fache’s Body Cleansing Kit is a flexible, multi-functional facial cleansing tool at an excellent price.
- The system is affordable and has received top-notch reviews from over 1,000 happy customers.
- The Lilian Fache Kit comes with four different brush heads, including a larger body brush.
- Customers of all skin types have had good experiences with the device.
- The electric brushing is not nearly as fast or intense as that offered by the Clarisonic brush.
- The system’s brush heads should ideally be replaced every three months.
- The device and its battery case are not as durable as the casing of higher-quality cleansing brushes.
5.) Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
The Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System is much like a cross between facial cleansing brushes and microdermabrasion devices. Disposable microdermabrasion pads are applied to the head of the device. The pad is then vibrated against the skin, resulting in powerful epidermal exfoliation.
Customers praise the Neutrogena System for its effective reduction of fine lines and ability to wipe away blackheads on the face. There’s no need to purchase an additional facial scrub for this brush, either; the microdermabrasion pads only require water to work effectively. The device is best used with oily or normal skin and may irritate sensitive skin.
If you prefer microdermabrasion to standard facial cleaning, choose the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System.
- The Neutrogena facial cleansing system reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in nearly 90% of customers.
- The system is an affordable alternative to professional dermabrasion or microdermabrasion treatments.
- The device is highly effective and only requires two to three uses per week.
- The Neutrogena System may be too aggressive for individuals with sensitive or highly acne-prone skin.
- The cleansing pads must be purchased regularly.
- The microdermabrasion head only vibrates and does not rotate.
6.) Philips PureRadiance Skin Cleansing System
The Philips PureRadiance Cleansing System is Philips’ response to the Clarisonic brush. Though the two systems are similar, they’re distinct in their look and feel. The smaller head of the PureRadiance brush and its innovative timer system and automatic shut-off makes it particularly easy to use. On the other hand, the device does not exfoliate the skin as deeply as the Clarisonic and other high-end cleansing brushes.
For individuals with more sensitive skin, the PureRadiance is worth considering. The brush’s sonic pulses do an excellent job cleaning the skin without aggravating it.
- The PureRadiance comes equipped with a one minute timer and reminds you to address each area of your face.
- Over 80% of customers experienced softer, cleaner, more even skin tone after regular use.
- The brush has been proven to improve circulation and blood flow in the face.
- With the Philips PureRadiance System, you pay for the brand name. The brush is just as expensive as the Clarisonic Mia.
- Compared to other high-end facial cleansing brushes, the PureRadiance cleans with less force and intensity.
- The body of the device is not as sturdy or as ergonomic as comparable devices.
7.) Silicone Sonic Facial Cleansing Power Brush
The Silicone Sonic Facial Cleansing Brush has a design unlike any other facial brush on our list. This round, hand-held pod is covered in short silicone bristles. The device has an incredible range of 15 different settings ranging from gentle pulsation to intense massaging. The body of the brush is entirely waterproof, making it one of the only devices on our list that is ideal for use in the shower or bath. The brush can be charged using a USB cable, which is more convenient than a traditional plug system or replaceable battery scheme.
The Silicone Facial Brush is one of the best ways to clear your pores and reduce facial blemishes and acne.
- The silicone facial cleansing brush does not require any replacement brush heads or abrasion pads.
- This unique brush is completely waterproof and can even be used in the shower. Most facial cleansing brushes are not waterproof.
- The brush comes with many different pulsation settings.
- The brush is quite large and may not be ideal for reaching the skin around the eyes and nose.
- The silicone bristles are not particularly easy to clean and retain a lot of facial product.
8.) Olay ProX Microdermabrasion Plus Advanced Cleansing System
The Olay ProX Microdermabrasion Cleansing System is a great way for adults to get a taste of at-home microdermabrasion. This practical kit includes a bristle brush, a foam brush, an exfoliating cleanser, and a self-warming polishing scrub. Though the device itself cannot compare to high-end devices like the Clarisonic, it is one of the most versatile and affordable sets for the price.
- The Olay ProX Cleansing System includes a three-speed device and two facial scrubs for one affordable price.
- In addition to the standard soft-bristle brush, the set also includes a foam brush head.
- The system is effective for individuals with a variety of skin types, from dry skin to oily skin.
- Individuals with sensitive skin may have to be cautious with the device, particularly on the higher settings.
- Detailed usage instructions are not included with the product.
- The brush does not purify this skin as thoroughly as more expensive sonic brushes.
9.) PIXNOR P2016 Facial Brush 7 in 1 Facial Massager Face Brush
The Pixnor Facial Brush is the ultimate bargain facial cleansing brush. The brush comes with an incredible assortment of seven different facial brushes: an exfoliating head, a makeup sponge, a latex sponge, a soft brush, a long brush, a pumice, and a massager! The device has two speed settings, which is standard in this price range. Though the build is shoddy, the functionality is impressive.
The Pixnor Brush is a cheap but mighty facial cleansing brush. The diversity of brush heads make this a great option for anyone who is looking for a practical and multi-faceted device.
- The Pixnor Face Brush comes with seven different brush heads.
- For the assortment of brush heads, the price (
$20) is unbeatable (Click Here for Current Price & More Details).
- The device is cheap and may break easily.
- The body of the brush is not waterproof and should be protected accordingly.
10.) Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System
The Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid Cleansing System is the perfect introductory facial brush for teens and young adults. A facial cleanser, unique triangular brush head, and vibrating brush are included in this jaw-droppingly cheap package. Though the device doesn’t compare to the Soniclear and Clarisonic brushes, it is satisfactory for the price.
If you’re looking for the most affordable electric facial brush on the market, buy the Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid Cleansing System.
- The triangular-shaped brush is ideal for cleaning the contours and crevices of the face.
- A price of
$5is impossible to beat! (Click Here for Current Price & More Details).
- A shine-minimizing cleanser is included with the battery-powered facial brush.
- The vibration of the brush is weak compared to more expensive devices.
- The thick silicon bristles on the brush are not as effective as the finer bristles included on most brush heads.
- The product is not particularly durable and is unlikely to last for years.
Read each review and think about your skincare needs before selecting a cleansing brush to buy. The best facial cleansing brush for you depends on your individual needs and preferences. By weighing the pros and cons of each device, you can find a brush that will leave your skin clear, radiant, and glowing.