- Things To Consider Before Buying a Body Wash for Acne Prone Skin
- REVIEWS: Top 5 Best Body Washes For Acne Prone Skin
Having acne prone skin can be a major headache. If your skin breaks out very easily whenever the pores get clogged, then you must find effective ways to address the problem. The use of acne-reducing body washes is one method that can greatly help. Acne breakouts are usually caused by very dry or oily skin. If that is the case with you, then taking care of the skin all over your body is essential. Addressing acne isn’t only about getting the right facial wash or buying a potent topical cream against bacne. It is more about getting the best body wash for acne prone skin – the type that can also remove acne on back and chest, including the shoulders.
When acne breakouts occur, a chain reaction usually follows suit. If one part of the area has experienced a breakout, it is very likely that the other parts will eventually develop the same problem. Prevention is always better than cure. Using the right body wash could eliminate acne altogether. Let us help you arrive at your best possible choice.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Body Wash for Acne Prone Skin
If you have an acne-prone skin and you don’t want to go through that nasty breakout phase, it is best that you buy the right body wash that suits your skin. Remember that acne can be caused by either dryness or oiliness. Which one is your problem? The right body wash to buy has a lot to do with your skin condition. Follow the tips below to know which one is right for you.
1. If you have dry skin, find a moisturizing body wash.
Most body washes, if not all of them, have a moisturizing effect. Cream body washes look a lot like lotions. They are thick and creamy, which make them the perfect regimen for deeply moisturizing and nourishing the skin. The active ingredients in these body washes stick to the skin even after rinsing all the suds away. Your skin will feel slick and smooth right after taking a shower.
2. If your skin is oily, settle for the one that promises a cleansing, exfoliating effect.
It should say on the label that the body wash is specially designed for oily skin. These types would strip your skin of extra oil, and then exfoliate it to remove all dead skin cells. Many exfoliating body washes have beads, salt, or sugar added to the formulation. The scrubbing effect that they produce will leave your skin flawless and smooth-looking.
3. If you have sensitive skin, look for the one that contains sodium cocoyl isethionate.
Sodium cocoyl isethionate or SCI is one of the mildest surfactants used in body washes. This ingredient may be a little expensive than the others, but it almost guarantees that your skin won’t get irritated even with regular use. People with sensitive skin know that they need special skin care formulations. Oftentimes, they are ready to pay extra to get all the nourishing and healing benefits of the product, without experiencing irritations.
4. If you have combination dry and oily skin, get the body wash that is suitable for all skin types.
It can be a bit tempting to buy a body wash for oily skin and another one for dry skin, if your skin is a combination of these two conditions. However, there are one-size-fits-all body washes that could work for you instead. Body washes for combination oily and dry skin comes in a formulation that is just right for both skin types. While this is not a specialty product as it may seem, it can provide the same benefits. And you won’t have to buy two body wash bottles and apply each of them separately.
There are certain types of body washes too. You might want to consider these factors when buying these products as well.
- Natural vs. Chemical
There are body washes which formulation is based on natural ingredients, like tea tree, lemon oil, and fruit extracts. There are also others that use potent acids like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. The right choice depends on the extent of the breakout. Chemical-based types are ideal for moderate to extreme cases of acne. The natural type is ideal for light to moderate breakouts. However, you must consider your level of sensitivity too.
- Exfoliating vs. Foaming
There are body washes with scrubs included in it. Others come in smooth liquid concentration. The right choice would boil down to the user’s preference. How would you like to wash away acne? Scrubs are nice if you want to feel that wonderful cleansing effect. Smooth liquids are ideal for people who want to enjoy the soft, luxurious lather of the body wash all over their skin. For people with sensitive skin, the foaming body wash is highly recommended.
- Medication vs. Prevention
Several body washes are designed for medication, while others work best to prevent future breakouts. This detail usually in the product’s fine print, as manufacturers would like to make users think that their product works both ways. Read the label and the manufacturer’s description of their product. That way, you will more or less get an idea of how the product works.
- Severe vs. Mild
While manufacturers may not admit it, their products may only work on mild acne breakouts. If the user is suffering from a severe bout with acne, then the formulation may not be as effective. The only way to know is by leafing through the product’s customer ratings and reviews. Try to read them all. Find out if a user with severe acne breakout has benefitted from using the body wash. Otherwise, it may be safe to assume that the good reviews are concentrated only on the milder cases of acne.
To further help you choose which body wash is ideal for your acne-prone skin, these reviews can further help you. Five of the best body washes in the market today are featured, with the intention of helping you choose the one that is just right for your needs. Each of the products listed here enjoys good ratings on Amazon.
REVIEWS: Top 5 Best Body Washes For Acne Prone Skin
This oil-free acne control and deep cleansing body wash contain unexpected skin care goodies like grapefruit, passion fruit, and orange juice extracts. All of these help exfoliate dead skin cells and prevent further acne breakouts. It’s dermatologist-tested formula can reduce the presence of body acne in as fast as three days. And it is quite mild for everyday use. For maximum effect, create maximum lather and massage it over wet skin. Concentrate on the areas that are most prone to breakouts.
Its formulation comes in a smooth liquid form, with 2% salicylic acid content. Dial is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to household products. As such, your entire family may use this body wash without any issue.
- Works even on the most sensitive skin
- Can be used daily
- Promotes clearer looking skin
- Clinically proven
- Developed by dermatologists
- Noticeable results in as fast as three days
- Can only handle light acne breakouts
- Bottle cap may easily break
This triple-action, anti-acne body wash heals acne breakouts and helps prevent future episodes. Its formulation contains salicylic and glycolic acids, which can effectively penetrate the skin to clean the pores deeply. This body wash can soothe irritated skin with regular use. It comes in a body scrub formula.
- Works for face and back acne
- Effective for all other body parts as well
- Brings back the skin’s youthful glow
- Cleanses and moisturizes
- Clears blemishes
- Removes oil, dirt, and dead skin cells
- Contains date seed powder for a more powerful exfoliating effect
- Also contains licorice root and green tea extracts to soothe irritated skin
- Soft and gentle on the skin
- Rather expensive
- Produces lesser lather compared to similar products
- Noticeable results can be seen after a week of continued use
- It may take months of regular use to see the product’s full effect
Taking control of acne problems is easier with the Panoxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash’s maximum strength formula. It contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, which is the highest concentration available without the need for a prescription. Panoxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash contains ingredients that most dermatologists recommend.
- Addresses acne on the face, back, and chest
- Cleanses and unclogs pores
- Highest concentration of over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide medication
- Fights acne breakouts and is highly effective in preventing new outbreaks
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Can make the skin feel dry
- Could be too harsh on extra sensitive skin
- May not work best on oily skin
- May cause irritation and peeling of the skin
- May stain clothes
This acne-removing body wash from Neutrogena contains a good dose of salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is a proven ingredient that can dry up acne and exfoliate the skin. It breaks down all instances of oily pore-clogging sebum that are present in the skin. It gently removes dead skin cells while stimulating collagen production and cell turnover.
- Also addresses skin discoloration
- Contains salicylic acid
- Produces rich lather that rinses off completely without leaving any residue
- Treats acne breakouts on the back, shoulders, and chest
- Gentle on the skin
- For pale-skinned users, it may stain their skin orange
- Not very effective for severe acne breakouts
- Can dry the skin
- Strongly scented
This all-natural body wash from The Body Shop is a fresh option for people who don’t want to use chemicals in addressing acne. The product doesn’t get its lather from soap, but rather from the tea tree oil that is infused in the formulation. Tea tree is very effective in removing oil from the skin, without drying it out. Tea tree is also the perfect body wash to use after workouts because of its refreshing effect.
- Reduces inflammation and acne breakouts
- Contains only all-natural ingredients
- Can be used on the face and body
- Removes even the most stubborn acne
- Perfect for daily use
- Uses community trade fair ingredients
- May also contain lemon tea tree and tamanu oil to boost the tea tree oil’s strength
- The scent may not appeal to all users
- The lather is not as rich as others
Check out these five featured products and decide for yourself which body wash for acne prone skin is most ideal for you. Each of these body washes is formulated differently because we want to give you a good variety of options. Some of these products may work immediately on your skin type, while others may require continued use before noticeable effects will show. We hope this review can help you rank these top rated body washes accordingly, so you can easily pick which one to try first. Evaluate your skin problem well and pick the product that best matches your needs. Make those confidence-wrecking acne breakouts a thing of the past. Flaunt your smooth, beautiful skin today.