- Things To Consider Before Buying An Acne Treatment Product
- Top 10 Best Acne Treatments
- 1.) The Acne.org Regimen – Complete Acne Treatment “Big Kit”
- 2.) Clean & Clear 3-Step Daily Skincare Essentials
- 3.) Neutrogena Body Clear Acne Treatment Body Wash
- 4.) Proactiv 3-Step Acne Treatment System
- 5.) Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pore Cleansing Pads
- 6.) Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Body & Face Wash
- 7.) Neutrogena Complete Acne Therapy System
- 8.) Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
- 9.) La Roche-Posay Effaclar Dermatological Acne Treatment System
- 10.) AcneFree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System Kit
- In Conclusion:
Acne is one of the trickiest skin conditions to prevent and treat. If you suffer from acne, you likely know how difficult it can be to clear your skin. Fortunately, many skincare brands now offer skincare products specifically designed to treat acne and reduce the symptoms of oily skin.
What is the best acne treatment available today? The answer to that question depends on your specific skincare needs. We’ve researched a number of acne products to discover the best and most effective acne treatment products on the market today.
For brighter, clearer skin, purchase one of these top-rated acne-reducing skincare products.
Things To Consider Before Buying An Acne Treatment Product
What are the best products for acne? This question can be tricky to answer, as many acne treatments will work better for some customers than others. Buying a top-rated product, however, is a good way to ensure that you’ll receive the best results possible.
When selecting an acne treatment, be sure to take the following factors into consideration.
Comprehensive or Spot Treatment
Acne treatment products come in many shapes and forms. Most comprehensive acne treatment packages include multiple products, such as cleansers, toners, astringents, and moisturizers. If you struggle with large acne breakouts covering a significant portion of your face, these packages may be best for you.
If you struggle with smaller or less frequent breakouts, a stand-alone product may work best for you. A spot treatment or acne wash may be enough to help you improve the appearance of your skin.
Face or Body Acne
Customers who struggle with facial acne will likely want to choose a comprehensive acne treatment package or a stand-alone spot treatment or cleanser. Those who are struggling with body acne will want to choose a body wash or cleanser designed to target the entire body.
Skin Type and Sensitivity
Individuals with dry or sensitive skin should pay close attention to the strength of the products they choose. Some acne treatments may be overly-drying for those with sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, seek out acne treatment products with lower percentages of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Read customer reviews to ensure that the product you’re interested in has worked for others with sensitive skin.
Though most acne treatments are fairly affordable, certain brands do cost more than others. If you’re on a tight budget, try one of the less expensive treatments. If these products don’t work for you, consider investing in a more expensive brand or consulting your dermatologist to develop a customized treatment plan.
Top 10 Best Acne Treatments
Finding the best acne treatment for you can be a time-consuming task. We’ve made things easier for you by researching the best acne treatment products available today.
To start fighting back against your acne, choose one of the following acne treatments.
The Acne.org Regimen Kit is a large, three-step acne treatment set developed by the founder of Acne.org. The set includes a liquid cleanser, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide solution, and a hydrating non-comedogenic moisturizer. A vast majority of customers experienced clearer, healthier skin as a result of using the Acne.org Treatment Kit.
- This kit comes with three large, 16 ounce bottles of cleanser, benzoyl peroxide, and lotion. The kit therefore lasts for three months or more.
- After experiencing little success with other acne treatments and even dermatologist-prescribed products, many customers noticed an improvement by following the Acne.org Regimen.
- The high price of the kit may exceed some customers’ budgets.
- The treatment plan requires following the kit’s instructions. This involves waiting a number of minutes between the application of each product. For those who are on a tight schedule, this process may be tedious.
The Clean & Clear Daily Skincare Essentials Set is a budget-friendly acne treatment kit. A foaming cleanser, 2% salicylic acid astringent, and 0.5% salicylic acid moisturizer all work to combat breakouts. With effective formulas and refreshing fragrances, this package is a great entry-level acne treatment product for teenagers and young adults.
- With a price of less than
$10(Click Here for Current Price & More Details), this package is among the cheapest multi-step acne treatment packages available.
- Customers praise the astringent’s pore-cleansing capabilities and the lotion’s hydrating effects.
- Some customers found the salicylic acid in the moisturizer to be overly-drying.
- Though this set worked for many customers with sensitive skin, those with extremely sensitive or cracked skin may want to avoid it.
If you struggle with body or chest acne, Neutrogena’s Body Clear Acne Treatment is the right product for you. Formulated with 2% salicylic acid, this exfoliating body wash can easily be used in the bath or shower. Gentle yet effective, this product works well for both dry and oily skin types.
- Neutrogena’s body wash effectively reduces body breakouts without causing dryness, flakiness, or irritation.
- This body wash’s light and fresh citrus scent makes it as pleasant to use as a standard shower gel.
- Customers should avoid using the body wash in conjunction with other body acne treatments to avoid drying out the skin.
- Though almost all customers noticed a reduction in body acne, some complained that their acne was not fully resolved by the wash.
Proactiv is among the best-known acne treatment systems around. The brand’s three-step system, which includes a cleanser, toner, and lotion treatment, utilizes ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, and sulfur to clear pores and purify the skin. With millions of satisfied customers, Proactiv can be trusted to improve the appearance of your skin.
- Proactiv has been around since 1995 and has satisfied millions of customers.
- The set comes with a bonus refining mask and green tea moisturizer.
- The Proactiv system may be too harsh for customers with sensitive skin or conditions like dermatitis.
- Some customers who had used the three-step system in the past didn’t experience significant results when using the product again years later.
Clearasil’s Ultra Rapid Action Pore Cleansing Pads are a simple yet effective treatment for acne and sudden breakouts. These pads contain 2% salicylic acid and have been proven to reduce the size and redness of pimples within hours of application. The product’s pad formulation is ideal for those who seek a simplified and streamlined skincare regimen.
- Offering results in just four hours, Clearasil’s Rapid Action Pads are ideal for treating breakouts as they arise.
- With 90 pads per package, this product is both affordable and long-lasting.
- The pads may not be the best choice for those with very oily skin. Clearasil’s Oil-Free Pads may be a better choice for these customers.
- Some customers did not like the fragrance of this product.
If standard acne treatments haven’t cleared up your skin, you may want to try Humane’s Benzoyl Peroxide Body & Face Wash. This powerful, unscented 10% benzoyl peroxide rinse has the potential to eliminate problematic adult acne and hormonal breakouts. Whether you struggle with body and chest acne or breakouts on your cheeks and along your jawline, Humane’s Body and Face Wash is likely to product results for you.
- Unlike many acne products, Humane’s acne wash is free from unsafe ingredients like parabens and artificial fragrances. The product is not tested on animals.
- Humane offers excellent customer service and a 100% guarantee on its products.
- With a high benzoyl peroxide percentage of 10%, this acne wash is not suitable for customers with sensitive skin.
- Some customers experienced worsening breakouts after using this product.
Recommended by dermatologists, Neutrogena’s Complete Acne Therapy System is an affordable breakout-clearing kit. The set includes a salicylic acid cleanser with microbeads, a benzoyl peroxide lotion, and a botanical SPF 15 lotion. Though the system doesn’t work for all skin types, it is often as effective as more expensive acne systems like Proactiv. For the price, Neutrogena’s Acne Therapy System is a solid breakout-fighting treatment kit.
- Available for under
$20(Click Here for Current Price & More Details), Neutrogena’s three-step system is one of the most affordable acne kits available.
- The Neutrogena Therapy System works well in conjunction with other products, such as clay masks and witch hazel.
- Some customers experienced overly-dry skin as a result of using these Neutrogena products.
- A few individuals with sensitive skin experienced skin redness and burning from this acne treatment system.
8.) Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
Clean & Clear’s Advantage Acne Spot Treatment fights problematic pimples as they arise. This small, portable tube contains 2% salicylic acid and produces results within hours, making it ideal for fighting breakouts throughout the day. If you experience only occasional breakouts or are looking for an acne remedy to tuck in your purse or backpack, Clean & Clear’s Spot Treatment will likely help you out.
- The spot treatment works well for individuals of all skin types.
- With an affordable price and a targeted application method, Clean & Clear’s Spot Treatment can easily be paired with other acne treatment products.
- For some customers, acne breakouts still took significant time to clear.
- The product did not produce visible results for some customers.
La Roche-Posay’s acne treatment products are known throughout Europe for their effectiveness. The brand’s Effaclar Dermatological Acne Treatment System contains an exfoliating cleanser with 2% salicylic acid and lipo-hydroxy acid, a formulation that is unique to the brand. The package’s toner features glycolic acid and 0.5% salicylic acid. A 5.5% benzoyl peroxide spot treatment is also included in this three-product set. If you’re seeking a uniquely-formulated acne treatment, La Roche-Posay’s Effaclear System is worth considering.
- With unique ingredients like lipo-hydroxy acid and a powerful benzoyl peroxide spot treatment, La Roche-Posay’s Acne Treatment System stands apart from other acne kits.
- The set is free of oils, fragrances, and parabens.
- Many customers found the spot treatment too harsh for their skin.
- The treatment is extremely drying and may need to be paired with a nourishing moisturizer.
AcneFree’s 24 Hour Acne Clearing Kit is an affordable alternative to brand-name three-step treatment kits. The brand’s package includes a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cleanser, a witch hazel and aloe toner, and a 3.7% benzoyl peroxide repair lotion. Many customers rave that the product line has worked as well as Proactiv’s system or better. Those with sensitive skin can instead opt for the brand’s Sensitive Skin Acne Clearing System. Those who need a more intense formula should consider the AcneFree Severe Acne Clearing System, which contains a higher concentration of benzoyl peroxide.
- AcneFree’s products are particularly good at combating hormonal acne and teenage breakouts.
- The AcneFree System is among the most affordable three-product sets on the market.
- The AcneFree Kit produced negative results for some individuals with sensitive skin.
- Some customers noticed an increase in breakouts after using this product.
Acne and breakouts don’t have to be a part of your life! Try one or more of the aforementioned acne treatments to improve the appearance of your skin. If these products fail to reduce your acne, consult your dermatologist to develop an alternate treatment plan. Though you might not have success with the first method you try, there’s almost certainly an acne treatment method that will work for you.